Monday, November 10

November 10: Bloggers Unite for Refugees


ref⋅u⋅gee   [ref-yoo-jee, ref-yoo-jee] –noun
1. a person who flees for refuge or safety, esp. to a foreign country, as in time of political upheaval, war, etc.
2. political refugee
Origin: 1675–85; <>
political refugee –noun a person who has fled from a homeland because of political persecution.

Bloggers Unite
HANDS OF HOPE


Admittedly, I can barely begin to fully comprehend the international struggle of refugees, so when I received the email alert that BlogCatalog was informing their blog members that we, and other bloggers across the planet, were being asked to come together to bring attention to the topic of refugees by posting on the subject November 10th, I thought I'd try to educate myself. 
I googled, and YouTubed; read and watched videos; felt saddened, outraged, humbled, and amazed...
I still don't feel exactly knowledgeable, nor do I feel equipped to be expansive on the topic - and to be quite honest, I'm overwhelmed by the need and vast struggle of so many people, but believe that only through information can change and hope begin.  So, I share here where I began to learn about the struggles of individuals, families, and orphaned children displaced by wars and violence, fleeing from persecution. 

__________________________________________

        

Another organization that addresses this issue internationally, is the US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), and the links broken down by region.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and leaving your thoughts!